- This Engineer with the support of Control System Package Manager shall ensure compliance in delivering the contractual scope, defining the communication and control interfaces and acceptance tests with Customer and other parties as described under the contract.
- Point of contact with local players (Design institute, Customer, contractors) at design phase to define the architecture and interface drawing related to the control system establishing clearly the LOS (Limit of Supply), the I/O lists, the Logic and analogic drawings.
- Responsible of wind farm communications and of integration of all internal and external interfaces of the windfarm. Lead configuration, installation and tests of various network devices and services, in example routers, switches, VPN.
- During execution phase, the CS engineer shall work under guidance of the CS Package Manager to procure best quality goods, receive them on time, and tests the various systems together as much as possible in order to minimize works off-shore.
- Define validation and verification plans of wind farm controls according to project and customer requirements coordinating and executing validation activities with the site teams.
- Define validation and verification plans of all external interfaces of the windfarm according to project and customer requirements coordinating and executing validation activities with the site teams.
- Perform wind farm network analysis, monitoring and patch where required.
- In coordination with Commissioning Shift Leader and Site Manager plan the site to commissioning control system tests for the site team, communicate and agree with the rest of the Commissioning Team.
- CS engineer shall issue the red marked up drawings for as-build purpose and be in charge of the punch items identification and treatment.
- Ensure that technical deviations are reported with a corresponding non-conformance report (NCR).
- Provide regular reports on progress status. Minimize variations of the validation and verification plan.
- Fulfilment of Contractual deadlines. Guarantee wind farm delivery according to planning and budget.
- Inform all site personnel of any site hazards brought about as a direct result of commissioning actions, together with associated precautions.
- Ensure commissioning tasks are performed in a safe and timely manner in accordance with the contract, budget and time schedule.
Responsibilities on EHS
- To implement and enforce within its area of EHS management policy.
- Comply with EHS policy.
- Identification of risks that affect their area or field of work and define / propose means of prevention and adequate protection to prevent them.
- Carry out work per the rules and procedures, avoiding any acts or omissions at work that might pose a danger or risk to its integrity or the people around them.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As part of windfarm commissioning team on site and focused on commissioning activities and requirements:
- Design and enhancement of wind farm control systems, coordinating with teams within engineering, project office, commissioning and service.
- Identification of product needs, implementation and validation of control systems (SCADA, Wind Parc Controller, Wind Turbine Controller), coordinating validation activities with the site teams.
- Provide technical support, advice and instructions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or Network Engineering from an accredited College or University or equivalent experience/knowledge.
- Mandatory: English
Knowledge / Experience
- Solid knowledge on design and / or modeling of network systems (VLAN, QoS, level 3 switch, routing).
- Experience with Hirschmann switch [Recommend].
- Experience with network troubleshooting.
- Experience in design and / or modeling of controls systems [Recommend].
- Experience with real time controls design or modeling experience with GE’s Mark VIe or similar controllers. [Recommend].
- Experience in wind industry with a focus on plant controls systems. [Recommend].
Technical skills / Competencies:
- Solid understanding of OSI model & network design
- Experience on reporting, documentation management, NCR management.
- Ability to prepare and follow Tests and documentation check lists, test plans.
- Ability to secure quality assurance and environmental processes.
- Experience on tooling, suppliers, quality tool management.
- Basic electrical knowledge, able to draw simple schematics.
- Ability to design and apply solutions for the NCR’s, containment actions and propose solutions.
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications as well as industrial and management software.
- Knowledge of Wind Farm or Power Plant design.
- Ability to work offshore (Offshore medical certificate, Sea Survival, Wind Turbine full rescue course).
- Knowledge of operation of WTG systems such as Pitch system, Yaw system, cooling circuits, elevator, hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of wind industry and offshore industry.
- Experience in Wind projects site construction, with multinational team and subcontractor workforce.
Behavioral skills / competencies:
- Willing to travel.
- Able to manage physical jobs (climbing, crawling, squatting, …)
- Able to work at heights, Helicopter transfers, Vessel transfers.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised as well as in a team environment
- Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors’ environment